Friday, October 5, 2012

Orioles

So this is my first post that I have been given freedom to talk about what I find interesting. I have decided to talk about my favorite baseball team who are the Baltimore Orioles. I really enjoy baseball it is one of the sports that I can watch because of the fairness and simplicity of the game.
Joy R. Absalon-US PRESSWIRE -
Presswire
David Carson
Sadly tonight before the Orioles will take the field tonight the Braves fans have decided to protest a call. They are currently throwing beer cans and trash onto the field because of a blown call by the umpire. The call was late, but this does not justify throwing trash on the field. The braves fans are just being unruly. There has so far been a twenty minute delay and officials are beginning to worry for safety of the players. Baseball is a good sport. It is not
supposed to have unruly fans throwing trash on the field.
Now that the protests at the Braves v. Cardinals game are over I can get into my baseball team. First of all the Orioles have had losing seasons for the past fourteen years. The last time the Orioles were in the playoffs was 1997 and I was only a few months old. You can imagine my excitement when the Orioles made the playoffs. No matter what happens tonight I will be satisfied with making the playoffs.
What the Orioles have to do tonight to win is have steady pitching from Joe Saunders and have some successful hitters. Chris Davis will need to step up and get the homers that I know he is able to hit. Players like Mark Reynolds and Jim Thome will have to get on base to make sure Davis's homers count for more than one. Even if all of this does not have a great game. The Orioles are an interesting baseball team. They are all good players, but none are big names. The Orioles seem to pick up a lot of bad players who they make great. Part of the credit needs to go to the manager Buck Showalter who has been an amazing addition to the team. The team overall has defied logic and won games with a team that was predicted to come in last in their division.
When I learned that we were going to use these blogs for something other than just school assignments I can honestly say that I was excited. I think that using these blogs for something other than school will give some depth and substance to the blogs that I don't think really existed before. My blog will most defiantly be much better from now on.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jack,

    You should ask Landon and Alex about possibly contributing posts to their sports blog, http://www.thesidelinescoop.com. I'm pretty sure they would be interested.

    I found this quote from your post interesting:

    The Orioles seem to pick up a lot of bad players who they make great. Part of the credit needs to go to the manager Buck Showalter who has been an amazing addition to the team. The team overall has defied logic and won games with a team that was predicted to come in last in their division.

    I wonder how that is? As we all know, the most successful pro sports teams are the ones with the deepest pockets. So what's the trick with the Orioles? What's Buck Showalter doing to make these no name players so great? Pretty fascinating.

    You should seriously consider changing the color scheme of your blog. The white font and black background is tough on the eyes. Nice post! I'm glad to read that you are also excited to have the opportunity to actually write about topics that interest you.



    ReplyDelete